Enviro-News is an Internet distribution list that provides subscribers with timely access to news and announcements related to environmental issues. The list is intended for scientists, information specialists, administrators, librarians and other professionals of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Agricultural Research Service and National Agricultural Library. Others with similar interests are also welcome to subscribe. Subscription requests are approved by the list owner.
Announcements and news posted to the list cover topics related to the natural environment, broadly defined. List postings from Enviro-News subscribers will be routed through the list owner.
Example postings include:
- notices of upcoming conferences, seminars, congressional briefings.
- requests for proposals and calls for papers.
- announcements of funding and employment opportunities.
- information about new World Wide Web resources.
- press releases from environmental agencies and organizations.
Enviro-News should not be used as a discussion forum, to ask for specific information, or for posting political or commercial announcements.
Disclaimer: Information posted on this list does not reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.